Saturday, August 31, 2013

Obsession and Steps

Written for:  Verse First   Poetry Jam

Verse First - Obsession
Make a list of obsessions - free flow for 15 minutes.  Select three obsessions from your list. Write a three-stanza poem, one stanza per obsession

Camera and Lord Ram images from google images


Oh camera, the medium of my precious memories
I am lost without your presence
For when those moments appear on my journeys
You are the one that captures their essence


Oh pretty dangly earrings that beatify
You sparkle as you swing
You never fail to catch my eye
Your loveliness makes me smile and sing


Oh Lord, you are my refuge and my joy
You are the melody of my soul
And when life falls apart or does annoy
Then Your love steps in and makes me whole

~x~

Poetry Jam - Steps
Wherever we go, whatever we do steps are always there. Just putting one foot in front of each other is taking a step forward. So this week think about and write about steps. Where would you like steps to take you? Do you make steps in your personal life? Do you follow others steps? Do you hate steps and the restrictions they can bring? 

image by sattva from  http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/

Let each step I take be ever mindful of Your presence
Let each step I take for another life make a difference

Let each step I take be always in the reflection of Your love
Let each step I take be guided by You from above

Let each step I take be Your work that I do
Let each step I take bring me closer to You

~x~

 

 photo ilasoulpoems1.jpg

27 comments:

  1. I guess every woman love these... Lovely lines too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very fine poems here, Suzy. Both thoughtful and deep. First one: It is always good to have Him to rely on when one's world is out of kilter. Second: It is always good to think about where one's steps are leading. Mindfulness definitely keeps a person on track. I always enjoy your work, Suzy. You have your own distinct style. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Glad you enjoy my poems. I enjoy yours too.

      Delete

  3. i love the spiritual touch that you lend to your lines.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sumana It's the only way I can write :)

      Delete
  4. smiles. you end on whats important. and because of that we can enjoy the others eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Brian. Once we get our priorities right, life becomes enjoyable. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Well... here's the one I related to:
    Oh Lord, you are my refuge and my joy
    You are the melody of my soul
    And when life falls apart or does annoy
    Then Your love steps in and makes me whole"

    Especially... the ideas of refuge, joy and "melody of my soul." Really enjoyed that combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee. Glad you enjoyed those lines. Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  6. when our each and every step is taken under lord's guidance we have nothing to worry:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you remind us to lay attention to the steps we take and how this is emphasised by the repetition at the beginning of each line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindfulness in all we do is important. Thanks Gabriella.

      Delete
  8. Two amazing poems, Suzy! I especially like the second one; it feels like a prayer.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. Yes, it is pretty much a prayer. Blessings to you too my friend.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed reading these. They flowed very well. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the way you moved from the temporal to the spiritual; and I appreciate the effort you took to meet the demands of this particularly challenging prompt. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. It was a fun prompt. I love free writes.

      Delete
  11. ... a blueprint for living. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. "melody of my soul"...this piece was a pleasure to read, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for dropping by and for your comments. Been a bit busy with another blogging challenge on my Someday Somewhere blog, but I will drop by your blogs and reply to your comments in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

Comments are moderated and any inappropriate comments will be removed.